5 Earth-Friendly Tips for the Eco-Chic Bride from Desi's Floral & Design Studio
"Attention Eco-Chic Bride!"
Here are 5 Earth Friendly tips to help you “go green” with your wedding décor, courtesy of Desi’s Floral & Design Studio:
1. Home Décor: Use succulents in your bouquet, his boutonniere, or centerpieces that you can plant in dish gardens or hang on your front door after the big day.
2. Dual Purpose: Use potted plants, e.g. mums, orchids, or hydrangeas, then give these out as favors for your bridal party or guest.
3. Green Thumb: Use peace lilies or other house plants as entry pieces and to fill in bare areas, then you can take them and nurture in your home afterwards.
4. Buy Locally: Purchase from nurseries and farms who do not use harsh chemicals, or choose a florist that provides these options. Buying locally cuts back on green house gases, and supports your local growers and community.
5. Be Crafty: Re-use jars and bottles from your kitchen. Decorate with recycled or scrap paper or wine corks. Collect natural components like twigs as centerpieces or rocks for memory stones. Use moss covered buckets and extra scrap paper to create flower petal cones!