5 Wedding Dress Tips (finding a dress that is both lovely AND comfortable)
Let's face it, there are a TON of beautiful wedding dresses out there.... but are they comfortable? Are they "you"? Will you be able to feel at ease on the wedding day in this dress? Sometimes it's hard to know until you wear it for a longer period of time. Here are some things to look for in a potential wedding dress if feeling (and looking) both lovely, AND comfortable are important to you....
1. Skip the tight corset with the laced-up back. Yes, these dresses are quite stunning, extravagant and very lovely, but often times they take a while to lace up (and things can potentially go wrong or take longer than expected) and sometimes they are harder to move around in than you might expect. If you want to be able to sit comfortably during the wedding day, or be able to breathe, might want to skip this one.
2. Choose a lightweight dress over a super heavy one. You'll be able to move more freely during the day (and during photos) and you won't get as hot during the day, especially in the summertime.
3. Skip the extreme low-cut necklines. While many brides can definitely pull this look off, and it looks lovely, it can be rather uncomfortable, especially if you aren't used to this style in day-to-day life. And plus, who wants to worry about wearing tape all day?
4. Make sure the dress is fitted properly, especially if it's a strapless dress. Being properly fitted will help to avoid embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions (like during the bouquet toss or dancing the night away during the reception).
5. Have your heart set on an extravagant wedding dress for the ceremony, but don't want to wear it all day long? Change into a comfortable and cute reception dress! We absolutely adore this reception dress from BHLDN! And how perfect for spinning too?! :)